Effective date: January 22, 2019
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored by the browser on your computer or mobile phone. They allow websites to store data like user preference. Cookies allow a website or an app to recognize you when you come back and respond appropriately. Cookies allow a web server to transfer data to a computer for recordkeeping and other purposes.
What cookies we use and why?
Some of the cookies we use have been developed and deployed by us to facilitate our provision of the service. These are known as first-party cookies. We also utilize third-party cookies, which are built by our third-party vendors and employed on our website for the purposes set forth at the end of this paragraph.
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary cookies that are not stored in your browser beyond the session in question. They are used for authentication and security purposes and to ensure the effective and necessary functioning of the Peakers features which you are utilizing. We may also use a session cookie to remember your preferences when viewing the site. These session cookies are erased when you exit your browser. Persistent cookies are those placed on your browser for a pre-determined length of time when you visit this site.
We use the following types of cookies:
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our websites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our websites. More precisely, we use session cookies, authentication cookies, user-centric security cookies.
• Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our websites when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website and app work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. More precisely, we use Google Analytics and mobile analytics.
Cookies above are classified as technical cookies and do not require your prior consent.
• Furthermore, we use Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our websites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our websites and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Such cookies are classified as profiling cookies and their use is subject to your prior consent. You can express your consent by following the instructions provided in the banner that appears when you visit our website or app for the first time
As for third-party cookies, we allow third parties to place cookies on your device through the services to:
– help us understand and improve how visitors use our websites, including which of our pages and products are viewed most frequently;
– more effectively market our services and advertise other products and services that may be of interest to you;
– obtain your feedback on our products and the Services.
The use of third-party cookies is not covered by our Privacy Notice. We do not have access or control over these cookies. If you continue to use our websites, we will assume you agree to the use of these cookies.
How a user can opt out of having cookeis placed on their device(s)?
Instructions for blocking or allowing cookies in common web browsers are provided at the links below:
Do Not Track
Some internet browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, the Site does not currently interpret, respond to or alter its practices when it receives “Do Not Track” signals.
Can I withdraw my consent?
You can withdraw your consent at any time. If you wish to withdraw your consent, you will need to delete, then block, your cookies using your internet browser settings.
For further information about this policy, please contact: email@example.com